About Mark Stephens
From the age of eight, Mark Stephens used meditation to help control his severe asthma attacks. Throughout his teenage years and twentie,s he studied meditation under Chinese teachers, Japanese masters and Tibetan monks.
A Ju-Jutsu Black Belt, bestselling author and leading hypnotherapist, in 1990, Mark was given a possible six months to live with a rapidly growing second-stage lymphoma. Mark used a wide variety of eastern healing methods and complimentary treatments which he combined with the best of western medicine to overcome his health challenges. With a clean bill of health 27 years later, Mark inspires people to transform their own lives through his seminars and groundbreaking hypnosis and motivation programs.
He has worked with a former World Number One tennis player, an NRL final winning team and a host of celebrities. In 2014, Mark helped one of Australia’s heaviest men shed 207 kg using the power of his mind. This is an Australian record for any method of weight loss, and was described by A Current Affair as “Australia’s greatest weight loss story ever”.
Stephens developed his Think Slim diet programme, which has helped over 15,000 overweight and obese Australians lose weight. He conducts transformation seminars around the country as well as mind/body sessions at his Little Forest Health Retreat in NSW.
Some of Mark’s accomplishments include:
- Master Practitioner of Hypnosis (ABH)
- Jujutsu Black Belt with 37 years of experience
- Tai Chi teacher with 36 years of experience
- Qui Gong (Chi Kung) teacher with 35 years of experience
- Author of “Think Slim” and “Think Quit”, both published by Allen & Unwin
- Creator of the groundbreaking Think Slim, Think Calm, Think Sleep and Think Quit programs, and the Phobia Free audio program
View compilation of Mark Stephens’ Media Appearances